Networking, Connections & Referrals
It’s not just who you know, it’s who others know. Networking is powerful.
We provide a variety of networking opportunities for you to expand your network.
Our networking specific events:
• Business After Hours
• Holiday Networking
• Networking and Non-Profits
• Taste of Summer
Chamber members have the opportunity to meet other area business people and potential customers at the wide variety of specialty Chamber programs and events bringing together companies with similar interests.
When others contact the Chamber with questions about products or services, your business will be referred along with other members in your category. Only Chamber members are referred.
Your online directory listing works behind the scenes providing hundreds of referrals a year.
Member Discount Programs
You can save money for your business through participation in the following group benefit programs the Chamber makes available to you and our other members:
Electricity Discounts Cost savings are available for participating Chamber members with Kinect Energy Group. For more information, contact Kinect at 717-575-4807.
Natural Gas Savings A natural gas cost-savings program is available to Chamber members through Shipley Energy, which will supply gas to your business with no switching fees or interruption of service. For further information, contact Shipley Energy at 855-564-3050.
Fleet Fueling Program
Rhoads Energy Fleet Fueling program gives you the ideal tools for overseeing your fleet fueling. This free program offers purchase controls that can be pre-programmed per card to help manage company-wide fueling policies. Call 717-989-6857 for details.
Health Insurance and HR Services
Pennsylvania Chamber Insurance offers innovative benefit programs for businesses of every size. With medical plans from every major carrier and a complete line of specialty coverages that includes dental, vision, disability, and life, PA Chamber Insurance offers the greatest choice and flexibility in employee benefit program design. To learn more, visit pachamberinsurance.com or call 800-755-3021.
Insurance Discounts with Dividend Payouts
bizSure is a workers’ compensation, property and casualty insurance plan for small to medium-sized businesses that provide participating firms with the opportunity to receive up-front discounts on business insurance, as well as the chance to participate in a dividend program. For more information call 800-578-9108.
Tuition Discount Program
Employees who work for member businesses in good standing with the Chamber and who are accepted into the Lebanon Valley College MBA program are eligible for a 10% discount. Contact Kate Gerdes at firstname.lastname@example.org or
717-867-6427 to learn more.
Office Supply Discounts
Staples Connect provides 20% off in-store print and marketing services orders or 10% of your in-store purchase of regularly priced items. To enroll, contact the Chamber office.
Promotion & Marketing
Our website has over 3,000 visitors a month. Our online directory has more than a quarter-million hits a year. We know how to connect businesses in the Lebanon Valley.
- Online directory listing with business description
- Printed directory listing with 1,500 distributed annually
- Display space for business literature and business cards in our lobby
- Membership labels for mail marketing
- Email marketing in weekly “Good News”
- Banner ads in weekly “Good News”
- Website advertising opportunities
- Membership directory advertising opportunities
- Sponsorship opportunities
- Member-to-Member Discount programs
- Online job postings
- Display your membership sticker, membership raises your credibility
Business & Personal Support Services
- Certificates of Origin
- SCORE Counseling Services
- Creative business assistance
- Meeting and event space at the Chamber office
- Monthly Business Roundtables
- Workshops – exclusive access and expert guidance
- Marketing and business strategy guidance
- Referrals of member support services
- Leadership Lebanon Valley — year-long leadership development
- Professional Development Series — 10 hours of management training
- Lebanon Valley Young Professionals support
- Chamber Academy (coming soon!)
- Executive Development Series (coming soon!)
Advocacy & Economic Development
Legislative and Governmental Action
Your business will be represented and kept informed about key legislative and governmental issues affecting your business through…
- Partnering with the Regional Advocacy Alliance including Reading, Harrisburg, York and Lancaster Chambers
- Chamber Position Statements on key issues
- Public Affairs Committee
- Government Affairs Roundtable
- Letters of support for initiatives that fit our community’s needs
We actively participate in many state and regional boards and advisory committees bringing the voice of our members to the table.
Economic & Community Development
We work with our community agencies to promote responsible economic development throughout the region. Investors and companies often contact us for insight and information on where to buy or build, regional statistics, and introductions to key leaders.
Some of our Community partners include:
- Visit Lebanon Valley
- Downtown Main Street
- Lebanon Valley Economic Development Corporation
- Community of Lebanon Association
- Palmyra Area Business Association
- Myerstown Vitality Partnership
- County public and private schools
- Lebanon County Career & Technology Center
Chamber Foundation & Workforce Development
The mission of the Lebanon Valley Chamber Foundation is to generate, receive, administer and distribute funds to support programs and/or initiatives that enhance the education, community development and workforce development goals of the Lebanon Valley Chamber of Commerce.
Our Chamber Foundation provides scholarships for graduating seniors with an emphasis for those pursuing careers in the trades and agriculture, young entrepreneurs, non-traditional students, and individuals looking for certifications to advance their careers.
We work closely with many employers and agencies addressing the many needs in workforce development. We represent 700 businesses with over 50,000 employees.
• Skills Gap
• Transportation and Child Care
• Company Culture
• Career Connections
Our monthly Workforce Roundtable brings companies together for topic-driven presentations and discussions.
We manage the Career Ready Lebanon website (careerreadylebanon.org) bringing together Lebanon County students with employer opportunities.
- Economic Forecast Breakfast – Giving you an update on regional and national financial issues
- Small Business Awards Luncheon – Presenting the Small Business Award and Entrepreneurial Spirit Award
- Veterans and Military Appreciation Breakfast – Honoring our military and presenting the Beyond the Call Award
- Excellence In Education Ceremony – Honoring the top 5% of graduating high school seniors in Lebanon County
- Annual Golf Outing – A great way to network with the areas finest
- Taste of Summer – Who will win the best appetizer and best cocktail? You decide!
- Women In Business Holiday Networking – ring in the holiday season with networking, entertainment, and a silent auction
- Membership Breakfast & Awards – We wrap up the year with this amazing event celebrating you!
How We Are Involved
We serve on these regional boards and organizational committees:
- Lebanon Valley Economic Development Corporation (ex-officio)
- Community of Lebanon Association (ex-officio)
- Visit Lebanon Valley – DMO (ex-officio)
- Metropolitan Planning Organization Policy Board
- Commuter Services of Pennsylvania
- YMCA Camp Rocky Creek
- Lebanon Valley Family YMCA
- THE CENTER for Entrepreneurial Excellence
- Lebanon Emergency Planning
- Main Street Program planning committees
- Grow Lebanon Strategic Planning
- Grow Lebanon Hispanic Outreach Task Force
- Lebanon Valley Workforce Alliance
- Lebanon County Career & Technology Center Executive Planning Committee
- HACC Executive Planning Committee (quarterly)
- Prepared4PA (PASSHE) Southern Region Workforce Assembly Committee
- Pennie Advisory Council
- Pennie Outreach and Education Workgroup
- Lebanon County Long Range Transportation Committee
- HACC Board of Trustees and Education Committee
- Downtown Lebanon Organization Committee
- Power Packs Advisory Committee
- Community Health Council Aging Inspired Committee
How You Can Get Involved
Committees and Roundtables
Ambassador Committee — Serves as an important communication link with current members and welcomes members and guests at
Business Roundtable — Offers a monthly educational program on a variety of business topics.
Communications Advisory Committee — Works with the Chamber staff in developing and implementing strategies for enhancing the Chamber’s communications with its members and its visibility within the community.
Farm-City Committee — Plans and organizes the annual Farm Tour program, Farm-City Job Exchanges and school tours to promote greater appreciation for the importance of both the agricultural and business communities in the Lebanon Valley.
Golf Outing Committee — Plans, promotes and coordinates the Chamber’s annual Golf Outing and Luncheon.
Government Affairs Roundtable — Provides opportunities for members to discuss regional issues and meet with state and federal representatives.
Military & Veterans Affairs Committee — Sponsors programs, including the annual Military Appreciation Breakfast and Beyond the Call Award to expand awareness of the importance of Fort Indiantown Gap and the Lebanon VA Medical Center to the Lebanon Valley’s economy.
Non-Profit Roundtable — Offers member non-profit organizations a vehicle for identifying and discussing organizational issues and challenges and enhancing the non-profit sector’s visibility to the business community.
Women in Business Committee — Plans and organizes programs to foster the growth and development of women entrepreneurs and professionals in the Lebanon Valley.
Workforce Roundtable — Meets monthly for topic driven presentations and discussions with regional employers.